Happy Birthday to Mayim Bialik, 38.
1. Sarah Kliff on the people who may fall through the cracks.
2. Jamelle Bouie on demographics, the parties, and the future. Regular readers know I strongly agree with his argument.
3. See also Reihan Salam's response.
4. Ed Kilgore on Republicans, counterrevolutionary ideology, and internal party conflict. I'm not as convinced as Kilgore is that a substantial and influential group of Republicans sincerely believe in a "constitutional conservative" ideology...but I do think he's on very firm ground in thinking of (many within) the GOP in revolutionary (or counterrevolutionary) terms. And at any rate, he's certainly right that anyone who sees something similar to Reagan/Ford, or even less plausibly Goldwater/Rockefeller, is just seeing a fantasy. Must-read.
5. At a more practical level: Jessica Taylor has a good lay-of-the-land look at Republican insurgencies.
6. And Sarah Binder on the budget deal.