What's not in the Pledge?
1. Trade. No free trade, no trade deficits, no imports, no exports...nothing.
2. Term limits. I've been wrong about this; I thought term limits would make a big comeback this year, but nope. Nothing on Congressional pay, either -- Congressional spending is in it, but not the salaries of Members of Congress.
3. I said it earlier today, but it's pretty shocking that a political party would put out a platform that entirely ignores a current shooting war.
4. The Fed. Nothing for Ron Paul here -- no Federal Reserve audit or new restraints. No mention at all. Virtually no mention, by the way of banking or financial regulation at all...also, virtually nothing on housing (although there is rhetoric on Fannie and Freddie).
5. Guns. Also, Fairness Doctrine. But mostly guns. Nothing about second amendment rights.