Happy Birthday to Flavor Flav, 53.
And on to the good stuff:
1. Matt Glassman presents a primer on Congressional staff pay. Well, really mainly House Member staff, not committee staff and not the Senate. But very good.
2. Raising taxes in California and Maryland, from Abby Rapoport.
3. Daniel Larison knocks down a new talking point: the notion that someone "lost" Syria. Alex Massie piles on.
4. Michael Cohen has a nice column knocking down third party fantasies.
5. And Gary Ackerman, Member of Congress from New York and, long, long, ago, my boss, retiring from Congress at the end of this session. I'm very proud to have worked for him, and still very appreciative that he gave me a chance when I was a young'n who really wasn't ready for the job. I wish him all the best.