Happy Birthday to Martha Johnson, 62. Allmusic rates Danseparc higher than Metro Music...I think that's right. An excellent band at their best.
Meanwhile, lots of good stuff:
1. Gun control: the Australian experience. Will Oremus reports.
2. Conor Friedersdorf argues that Barack Obama should be more intent on rewarding original opponents of the Iraq War -- in order to establish a better incentive structure the next time around.
3. Dan Drezner: against bubbles.
4. People get stuff wrong. Especially when there's a lot going on. It's a thing. People should know about it. From Colbert King.
5. Speaking of which...a really smart post about the fiscal cliff negotiations, or at least the reported negotiations, from Matt Yglesias.
6. And here comes the ACA. Sarah Kliff has details.