OK, liberals, how do you interpret the elections:
1. Inevitable pendulum swinging: there's only a truly liberal Congress plus presidency once in a blue moon when all the stars align, and it never lasts long.
2. Inevitable result of Barack Obama coming in at the wrong point of the economic cycle; this is the 1930, not 1933 argument.
3. The product of very crafty GOP actions.
4. The produce of lots and lots of GOP money.
5. The product of Democratic mistakes: too liberal (don't expect too many takers in a question addressed to liberals, but have to include it).
6. The product of Democratic mistakes: too spineless.
7. The product of Democratic mistakes: specific policy mistakes on the economy.
8. The product of Democratic mistakes: poor messaging/campaigning.
9. What else?