Happy Birthday to Barbara Hale, 90 (I think; one of my regular sources that I thought was safe says 91, but I'll go with imdb).
Right to the good stuff:
1. Andrew Gelman had the same reaction to Richard Lugar's re-election bid that I did, I think.
2. Cool demographic stuff about party preference and consumer preferences, from Tom Edsall. Via Seth, who ads his two cents.
3. I think Sean Trende is basically correct here -- it's opinions of the incumbent that drive presidential elections -- but then again basically correct leaves plenty of room for other effects. If Romney winds up being perceived as ideologically extreme, it will cost him some.
4. Scott Lemieux is correct about health care reform; Barney Frank is wrong.
5. And E.J. Graff on equal pay.