Happy Birthday to Sonia Sotomayor, 59.
And to the good stuff:
1. Norm Ornstein responds to Mitch McConnell. I used to be (mostly) on McConnell's side on this one -- Norm is exactly correct that McConnell has flipped. I don't mind hypocrisy or partisan jockeying for advantage -- that's what politicians do -- but I did like McConnell's old position a whole lot better.
2. John Sides on Politico.
3. Seth Masket passes along some comparative research on the effects of polling on elections. Interesting.
3. Dan Larison probably has a better critique of Haass than I did.
4. Amy Walter has a useful note: "Why Obama's climate proposals won't get much pushback from House D's: just 7 of 43 Ds who voted agst Cap-n-Trade still in House."
5. And this time it's Kevin Drum being sensible on Snowden.