Happy Birthday to Dick Allen, 71. 19th all time in OPS+. Classic fringe HOFer; could be the answer to "which player makes for the best HOF argument?"
Plenty of good stuff:
1. Greg Koger on the Rand Paul filibuster.
2. Conservative think tanks and the states, from Patrick Caldwell.
3. Abortion, the Jews, and religious freedom, from Sarah Posner.
4. Andrew Sullivan on marriage and democracy.
5. If you believe that the reason the United States shouldn't run budget deficits is because it will turn into Greece, you really should read Matt O'Brien on why that's nonsense.
6. Andrew Sprung on the future grand bargain -- in health care. Plausible? I don't know. Maybe.
7. And I don't actually care very much about Bloomberg and sugary drinks at all, but I do like a great blog post headline, such as this one (apparently written by Suzy Khimm) from a Sarah Kliff post. And anyway, more press attention to implementation is always a very good thing.