Happy Birthday to Prince, 54.
And right to the good stuff:
1. John Sides has more of the response to Charles Lane. Question for the assembled experts: is there a really good online explanation of why the hard science/soft science distinction that Lane seems to believe in is just not a very accurate way of looking at it?
2. Harry Enten on why you should ignore exit polls if you want to know who will win an election.
3. The amazingly convoluted situation with the District's government in Washington, by the District Curmudgeon's IMGoph. I'm not saying what should happen, but I'm fairly confident that statehood would bring better government.
4. Interesting essay by historian Paul Harvey about debunking conservative quack history.
5. And E.J. Graff has a rundown of marriage on the ballot in November.