Happy Birthday to James Darren, 76. Couldn't help making him the birthday guy; I'm obviously, as you'll see below, in a DS9 mood today.
But first how about some good stuff:
1. Via Drezner, a new group blog by comparativists focusing on violence. Looks excellent. For a taste, here's Erica Chenoweth on whether the Arab Spring will result in democratization.
2. Another explanation for why we really should ignore exit polls if what we want to know is who is going to win, this one from Molly Ball.
3. Ezra Klein has a nice post looking into the GOP rhetoric on entitlements, taxes, and compromise -- courtesy of Rand Paul.
4. Ed Kilgore on the decline of conservative think tanks.
5. And I'm not sure who bounced me around the interwebs to find this review of Wrath of Khan (might have been Drezner, too, come to think of it) but while Meredith Borders is surely correct that it's a terrific movie, I don't understand how you can write a review of that one without mentioning just how terrible Bibi Besch is as Carol Marcus. Must rival poor Cirroc Lofton (Jake Sisko) for worst-ever performance in a Star Trek, no? Is there a generally accepted top 5 bad performances in a Star Trek? No fair including the people of Vaal -- I think that's how they're supposed to act.