Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Happy Birthday to Mick Jones, 57. The only Mick Jones who matters, I guess I should say by way of clarification.
Some good stuff:
1. I know this was last week, but I meant to link to E.J. Graff's excellent post about women, men, work, and families.
2. Why not: Jonathan Chait on the Florida 2000 recount, or non-recount. Worth remembering.
3. Great post from Hans Noel: "What if the Tea Party were an actual party?" Warning: Candadian content.
4. Seth Masket: against (mandatory) open primaries. I agree; more to the point, since it's highly unlikely that open primaries will actually do much (see his first point), it's hard to see much point in mobilizing the resources to force change. Indeed, while at a theoretical level I think parties should be free to choose open or closed primaries (or no primary at all), I wouldn't put any energy into repealing laws that for open primaries, either. It's just not a big deal.
5. And Scott Lemieux reads Scalia.