Happy Birthday to Nana Visitor, 55. Outside of being a lot of fun as the Intendant, I thought she was quite good in her BSG guest spot.
A bit of the good stuff:
1. I'll kill two birds here. I wrote something that I pretty much liked over at PP yesterday about the "who invented the internet?" thing that's going around and conservative feedback loops..but have since found out that Alex Pareene had already been there. In my defense, he didn't get to it until the end of an item, but it was a nice item.
2. Annie Lowrey: "Senate passes extension of the tax cut for the first $250k of income (not earners up to $250k!). #petpeeves"
3. Nate Silver on "the incredibly steady presidential race." I think it's mostly an effect of how efficiently the GOP operates these days; often, it takes a long while for the challenger to gain the support of his party, but this year it basically was a done deal by April.
4. A really excellent post by Jamelle Bouie about how to make elections more competitive.
5. And via TPM, Al Franken's Senate-floor tribute to Tom Davis.