Happy Birthday to Barry Andrews, 55. For some reason, I've never much listened to Shriekback. I really should, at some point. I like White Music, but I'm a very big fan of Go 2. Two stars, All Music? No way.
Aw, no one cares, I suppose. So I'll move on to the good stuff:
1. I really liked this John Sides post about the recent jobs report, and the remaining ones. I've been saying similar things, but he really nails it.
2. Joseph Cera: the "better off" question may have caused the Democratic bounce by framing the economic question in a way that favors Barack Obama.
3. Republican amnesia: wait, they can't remember why there's a scheduled sequester? Suzy Khimm, fortunately, remembers.
4. Molly Ball on Barry Goldwater's granddaughter, Obama supporter. Although it seemed to me that there was a fair amount of feuding involved in addition to policy preferences. But always happy to link an Arizona story.
5. Abby Rapoport is absolutely right: state legislative elections are really, really important. I'm afraid I rarely talk about state politics, mostly because I really don't know enough to say much about it...basically, every few months I'll toss in a reminder about how important state and local politics are, and that's about it. But it's true! Anyway, she's looking at what's at stake this year.
6. Hey, remember the war on terror? Spencer Ackerman has a quick overview of what's going on now. Helpful.
7. And if you didn't see Mike Konczal's brilliant illustration of Bernanke, QE3, NGDP targeting, and the rest of it then you really should click over now and enjoy. And learn something.