Happy Birthday to Mark Hamill, 61. His performance in the first movie is highly underrated, for some reason; he's excellent, in my view. And fine in the other two, too.
The good stuff:
1. Whether you like a policy or not could depend on whether it's described as a Republican (or Democratic) plan. John Sides reports.
2. Good polling overview, focused on the Gallup/Rassmussen issue, from Mark Blumenthal.
3. Brendan Nyhan is right about feel-good phony rhetoric from Barack Obama.
4. I suppose I'll link to Abby Rapoport on non-partisan solutions to administering elections, although my usual anti-Goo Goo instinct is to pretty much oppose that sort of thing.
5. Sabl's Law appears to be safe for now.
6. And no one should care about Bud Selig; the real question was how Sean Forman would handle the Melkman "problem," and of course he's being sensible about it.