Happy Birthday to Bruce Thomas, 65.
1. Good summary by Ramesh Ponnuro of the case against Newt's revisionism about the 1995-1996 shutdown.
2. An argument for the fact-checkers from Lucas Graves.
3. Byron York on the rodeo clown that's been in the news.
4. Seth Masket on Colorado recalls. One question for him: if successful recalls have an additional benefit of intimidating everyone else, what about unsuccessful recalls? Do they intimidate because it's a pain to go through even an unsuccessful recall -- or do they backfire because they reveal the weakness of the recallers?
5. And the New York Times covers one of the great ones: Russell Baze.