Happy Birthday to Evanna Lynch, 22.
What about some good stuff?
1. Seth Masket on political science and geography.
2. Paul Krugman on good reporting and the blogs. One point I'll make again: from 2009 through 2010, and then on through the courts and through implementation today, the coverage of health care reform has been outstanding. Outstanding. I'd love to see a study comparing it with coverage of Medicare in the 1960s or Social Security in the 1930s; my guess is that it's night and day.
3. The second and third parts of Sean Trende's look at party makeovers. I agree with a lot of this, and it's all worth reading. Again, my big disagreement is that I do think that healthy parties (1) will take better advantage of their time in office, and (2) that will strongly tend to help them stay in office. But I agree with his basic conclusion that out-party dysfunction doesn't have significant electoral effects.
4. Abby Rapoport on pre-K in Houston.
5. And Dan Drezner on networking at the political science meetings.