Happy Birthday to Mike Ivie, 61. The list of guys with a 152 OPS+ at age 26 who never exceeded 300 PA/year again (OK, 306) can't be all that long, can it? The bullpen article says that he had a hand injury before that 27 year old season. Maybe that was it.
Plenty of good stuff today:
1. Abby Rapoport's case for why Wendy Davis should run for governor.
2. First-term Members running for the Senate? Aaron Blake looks at the history.
3. Brian Beutler is largely correct about media bias and the ACA rollout.
4. The GOP shortage of women in Congress, from Sarah Mimms. She doesn't mention that they've already had a resignation since the 2012 election, plus a retirement (Bachmann).
5. Dan Larison isn't fully convinced by my case about Marco Rubio.
6. Philip Klein with the anti-Obamacare, anti-shutdown argument.
7. And more about media bias, from Riccardo Puglisi and James Snyder.