Happy Birthday to Colin Moulding, 57. I always thought it was odd that "Plans for Nigel" was their biggest single from the first few albums; it's probably my least favorite of their singles (unless you have to count the Christmas one), and my least favorite of Moulding's songs just from Drums & Wires. Which just goes to show what a good band they were, since my least favorite single by their second best songwriter is still an excellent record.
On to the good stuff:
1. Paul Krugman's clear-eyed primer on what's actually in the Ryan budget, although calling it a budget remains a stretch.
2. Via Dylan Byers report, it seems that Andrea Mitchell beat up on the Obama campaign yesterday because the president has been ducking open press conferences. Good for her; he surely hasn't done enough of them.
3. All about Wyden-Ryan, from Andrew Sprung; see also Jonathan Chait on Romney, Ryan, and Medicare.
4. Ezra Klein is pretty brutal about Romney and the budget. Mark Thomas is even more brutal about Ryan and economics.
5. Fact checking? Calling Brendan Nyhan.
6. And Alyssa Rosenberg on conspiracy thinking.