Happy Birthday to Sarah Chalke, 36. I watch all (or most, anyway) medical sitcoms, but no medical dramas. This probably indicates something profoundly unhealthy about me, I suppose.
To the good stuff:
1. Party networks in action: David Karol reads a Politico profile of Paul Ryan.
2. Eric Patashnik on trust funds and double-counting.
3. John Sides on how the conventions will affect WH 2012.
4. "Rising health care costs are an economic, not a budget, problem." Exactly. Rebecca Theiss backs it with a chart.
5. And Anna Clark looks at the reporting -- good and bad -- on Mitt Romney's birther joke.