Happy Birthday to Marcia Wallace, 70.
Quickly to some good stuff:
1. Dylan Mathews and Ezra Klein bring us a revenue calculator: make Mitt Romney's tax plan add up!
2. If you like that sort of thing, perhaps you'll like Joseph Cera's electoral college simulator.
3. I missed this for some reason, but you shouldn't: E.J. Graff on freedom.
4. What exactly is up with GOP attacks on the plain facts of the polls? Robert Farley speculates, sensibly.
5. And I think Alyssa Rosenberg is largely right in arguing against Joss Whedon for Star Wars, and especially for the tendency to think that pretty much he should make all the movies and all the TV shows. But I'd say Buffy vs. Angel at the end of Season 2 and Buffy vs. Faith at the end of Season 3 were both pretty awesome, and that he handled the big blowout in The Avengers about as well as anyone possibly could. Also, I'm trying really, really, hard to stay out of any of these discussions, especially on twitter, but I'll add that anyone who thinks Ronald Moore would be good for Star Wars either doesn't get BSG/DS9, or really wants Star Wars to be far, far, far, more about The Force than it ever has been. But if there is a non-Jedi scoundrel role, hard to think of anyone better than Katee Sackhoff to play it.