Happy Birthday to Xavier Nady, 34. Someday, while I'm trying to fall asleep by remembering the roster of the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants, he'll be the one I can't get. That day may be next week. But still...
How about some good stuff:
1. A Monkey Cage post-election report for Puerto Rico, by Juhem Navarro-Rivera.
2. Adam Serwer on Barack Obama's coalition; Kevin Drum on Obama's weak spot.
3. Evaluating the forecasters: Senate races. From Brice Acree.
4. Dan Drezner on the Petraeus scandal and trust in the military. My guess? There's a major priming effect here, so that the way to hurt trust in the military is to get them out of combat. When the American people are evaluating the military on the basis of their competence at fighting, they'll usually get good marks. Take that away, and the military will then be evaluated on other things, where they're less apt to do well.
5. Seth Masket on Republicans and learning.
6. And Alyssa Rosenberg, who apparently is the only one out there who likes "Dick" more than I do, suggests four Washington scandal movies.