Happy Birthday to Joe Biden, 70. The Practically Perfect Veep.
Some good stuff:
1. Lessons from 2012 from The Gamble, the campaign book by John Sides and Lynn Vavreck.
2. Jonathan Chait on the fiscal cliff.
3. Rod Dreher on Marco Rubio, Genesis, liberals and conservatives. I think he's right in principle about (many) liberals, but to be fair: there are plenty of Republican politicians who do, in fact, seem to be actually anti-science, whether or not particular strains of Christian belief are inherently anti-science.
4. "The Rich People Who Don't Know How Tax Rates Work," from Dave Weigel; see also Kevin Drum's "Handy Tax Table for Innumerate Rich People."
5. And Paul Krugman on Paul Ryan.