Happy Birthday to Mike Skinner (The Streets), 34.
While I wait for an answer, the good stuff:
1. Good Matt Yglesias point about not worrying about short-term panic in the markets. I wouldn't say it's not a cost at all, but it's a pretty minor one.
2. Greg Sargent spoke to Norm Ornstein and had a nice post on filibuster reform.
3. This John Patty post (via John) on the bargaining positions of the fiscal cliff players is excellent. Also, I really have no patience for reading this stuff. I'm pretty sure that's my failing, and not the fault of Congressional/game theory scholars. For what it's worth...Stan Collender gets there a lot more easily.
4. NYT Public Editor Margaret Sullivan deserves kudos for this one.
5. And Seth Masket watches Star Trek, is appalled. Well, sure. But we're watching with our youngest, too, and just saw the one where an accident which injured Scott was caused by a woman...which might, in McCoy's expert analysis, make Scott hate all women. Of course! It's still a great show, though.