Happy Birthday to Martha Plimpton, 42
And straight to a bit of good stuff:
1. Where are the statewide black politicians? Jamelle Bouie is looking for them.
2. Team Obama's use of social networks and other fancy stuff, by Seth Masket.
3. Doug Mataconis on whether the GOP actually gets anything out of Fox News, Rush, and the rest of it (answer: probably not).
4. Ross Douthat on where Republicans should retreat. Interesting. There's an analogy available here in the way that Democrats retreated on the death penalty and on gun control, without many of their politicians actually changing their positions. Could that be a model for how Republicans retreat on marriage?
5. Patterns in voting: white women. By Lynn Sanders, Carah Ong, and Adam Hughes.