Happy Birthday to Stretch -- Willie McCovey, 75. The best hitter in the league just as I was starting to follow baseball, although I was definitely too young to appreciate it. Great, great, player, from an era in which the Giants really did produce more talent than they knew what to do with.
On to the good stuff:
1. No, I have no idea why Elliott Abrams is treated as a respected person. Ali Gharib catches Abrams behaving just like Elliott Abrams would behave (can't think of anything worse to call it).
2. A very nice piece on the GOP, the budget, and more, from Jonathan Chait.
3. Pew's piece on religious affiliation in the 113th Congress.
4. A big deal: JSTOR opens up a little.
5. "Mike Piazza" on the HOF vote.