Happy Birthday to Ed Goodson, 65. Not, strictly speaking, a great ballplayer, but one of my childhood heroes thanks to his time with the Phoenix Giants. Actually, 1300+ PAs is fairly amazing for a corner infielder with a lifetime 84 OPS+.
To the good stuff, mostly more filibustering:
1. Sarah Binder on the Senate reform plan; in case you missed it, Greg Koger on the Senate reform plan.
2. Should activists be proud of what they did on Senate reform? Chris Bowers makes the case.
3. More: David Waldman on the filibuster fight.
4. David Dayen on Senate reform.
5. Andrew Sprung argues against my Reagan/Obama argument.
6. And here comes the Senate Democratic Budget; Ezra Klein has Patty Murray's plans.