Happy Birthday to David Letterman, 66. Our TV friend.
1. All the Hastert Rule violations, from Derek Willis.
2. Kevin Drum reads GOP (or at least Chuck Grassley) reserve court-packing as an indication that they aren't going to confirm anyone to the DC Circuit court for the remainder of Barack Obama's presidency, at least not after the current nominee. I'm not sure; it could just be Grassley, who has been following a Hatch re-election strategy, looking to score points.
3. Jamelle Bouie, very good on Rand Paul at Howard.
4. The next step on health care? Sarah Kliff on the cost-cutting approaches wonks would like to see in the future.
5. Norm Ornstein on what's wrong with Congress.
6. And popularizing political science, from Joshua Tucker.