Happy Birthday to Grace Park, 38. Still (re-) watching BSG, just finished the first half of Season 4...
Anyway, let's get to the good stuff:
1. Excellent post from Daniel Drezner about public opinion and war. Be careful about how you use polling on foreign policy.
2. Sarah Binder on District Judges and the Senate.
3. Good use of political science expertise by David Leonhardt, who writes about the economy and the presidential election.
4. Larry Bartels on the "Phantom Tax Hike" -- he finds that lots of Republicans, and a fair number of others, (incorrectly) believe taxes are up during the Obama presidency. Very interesting, but I strongly suspect that you would find similar overall results, although perhaps with a different partisan breakdown, during the George W. Bush presidency. Anyone have evidence on that?
5. And I'm a sucker for takedowns of Third Party dream (and/or scam; it's not clear) Americans Elect; Alex Pareene has a good one.