Happy Birthday to Senator Orrin Hatch, 78. I've always thought of him as the epitome of the lawyer/politician. Does he believe any of what he says? No idea, but he knows which side he's on, will do what it takes for his side, and as far as I can tell when he's not making with the partisan talking points and actions he's been a reasonably productive Senator.
On to the good stuff:
1. How Republicans abandoned fiscal conservativism, by Bruce Bartlett.
2. Sarah Binder, on team teaching with...Ben Bernanke! Those interested in the Fed -- be sure to get down to comments in order to click through and get her syllabus.
3. More on whether and people sort themselves (geographically/residentially): Bill Bishop, also at the Monkey Cage.
4. Andrew Sprung, on Mitt Romney and the truth.
5. And Congressional oversight is really important, but it ain't coming from Darrell Issa apparently. Glenn Kessler on the Chair's latest whopper.