Happy Birthday to Terry Hall of The Specials and The Fun Boy Three, 53. I'm not sure how I didn't know this (or maybe I just forgot), but looking this up I found out that he co-wrote "Our Lips Are Sealed" with Jane Wiedlin. Of course I know the great Fun Boy Three version of it, but didn't realize that it wasn't just a random and brilliant cover.
The good stuff:
1. Want the story on the effects of changes in marginal tax rates? Christina Romer has it.
2. Opposition to Romney is based on issues, not his religion -- that's what Michael Tesler finds over at YouGov.
3. Jamelle Bouie makes the case that Republican opposition to Justice Sonia Sotomayor is an overlooked and important factor in Latino political orientation. Plausible!
4. Paul Waldman argues that Rick Santorum will go pumpkin as soon as the campaign is over. As I've said, I take the middle ground here -- I don't think he's anything like a strong favorite for the next open nomination, but I do think he's bought himself more of a future than Waldman sees.
5. And why al Qaeda has a "dog food problem," explained by Adam Serwer.