Happy Birthday to Frances Conroy, 60.
Ah, a little good stuff:
1. Sarah Binder on counting filibusters and "blocking."
2. Great post by Stan Collender on why no one paid attention to the new budget deficit numbers -- it's a great example of agenda setting, or in this case negative agenda setting. The one thing worth adding, from the White House point of view: a rapidly decreasing deficit is "objectively" lower; whether it's an improvement is more complicated, though. Best, as Collender says, to just duck the whole issue.
3. Ta-Nehisi Coates vs. Richard Cohen is hardly a fair fight: the best blogger out there against perhaps the worst columnist?
4. Seth Masket on the center.
5. And Mike Wagner wraps up the State of the Parties conference.