Happy Birthday to Guy Sularz, 58
Want some good stuff?
1. Ed Kilgore makes the point I also made yesterday, but in more depth: yes, the "establishment" candidate won in AL-1, but the Tea Partier did well enough to keep the focus on primaries.
2. Kristen Soltis looks at the numbers carefully and it turns out my quick glance is probably correct: it was the Libertarian candidacy which accounts for the polling in VA-Gov.
3. Harry Enten looks at the exit polls. I agree with his main points for the most part, but one word of caution: be very careful about putting too much weight on exit poll numbers, especially for relatively small subsamples. It's really easy for them to be almost useless.
4. Seth Masket on two ballot measures in Colorado: one with a clear partisan pattern, one without.
5. And Elizabeth Warren and the social sciences, from Henry Farrell.