Happy Birthday to Alexander Siddig, 48.
What would we do without the good stuff?
1. Sarah Binder on the nuclear showdown.
2. Ezra Klein is good on Obamacare/Katrina.
3. Ed Whelan is correct: excepting Supreme Court nominations from a nuclear-induced ban on other judicial nominations is pretty much a joke. Which is one of the reasons that Democrats didn't act up to now.
4. I agree with Matt Yglesias about the doctors' cartel. I'd like to see a good post, however, comparing doctors and lawyers.
5. And Sarah Kliff loves the first chart in her post, which I agree is a big deal. But the last chart is the Wow! one to me.