Happy Birthday to David Obey, 74. Hope he's enjoying his retirement; he certainly earned it.
The good stuff:
1. If you haven't had enough of this already, Dylan Matthews gathers up the evidence on debate effects.
2. That Harrison Hickman thing yesterday (in the news yesterday, actually happened a while back) is going to be cited forever and ever, and often, by folks like me and John Sides, who did an item on it already.
3. Did you know this one? "We’ve actually achieved 70% of the discretionary spending cuts called for in the SB budget plan." I didn't; Jared Bernstein did.
4. Jonathan Chait on the continuing adventures of Eddie Haskell. He's not kind, but then again he doesn't actually call him Eddie Haskell, so there's that. See also Catherine Rampell.
5. Fiscal cliff hawks and doves, from Suzy Khimm. I guess it always has to be hawks and doves. Good item, but she leaves out the option of kicking the can, though. I'm with the doves.
6. I never watch bloggingheads...I just don't have the time, I guess. But for those who do enjoy the format, I suspect Conor Friedersdorf and Michael Cohen would be a very good one.