Happy Birthday to Dominic West, 43. Looking forward to Series Two of The Hour (and if you've seen it, please don't tell me anything about it). Meanwhile, this is the second birthday within a week of someone who was in The Phantom Menace! That has to mean something, no?
The good stuff:
1. Erik Voeten runs down the arguments for and against the EU deserving a Peace Prize.
2. 5 Myths about polling, from Jon Cohen.
3. No, various things said to be worse than Watergate are not actually worse than Watergate. Andrew Rudalevige explains.
4. I'm a little late on this one, but you should look at it anyway: E.J. Graff thinks about whether women are better or worse off than they were four years ago.
5. And Joe Posnanski on Yanks/Orioles and Jeter.