Happy Birthday to Bryce Harper, 20. Wow. Hey, b-r has updated the most-similar lists. Ready? Remember, it has to be guys who played at 19....#1 is the great George Davis, followed by Ott, Kaline and Cobb. Not bad! Although in case you're wondering, Trout's list is even better. Once again, a great time to be a baseball fan.
Also, some of the good stuff:
1. A cool chart tracing the states in presidential elections since 1952. From the Mike Bostock and Shan Carter at the NYT.
2. Which goes nicely with Simon Jackman on swing states now, before the first debate, and in 2008.
3. There's just so much good in this Nate Silver post.
4. Speaking of mishandling statistics, Kevin Drum spots some with regard to climate.
5. A couple on Arlen Specter: Steve Kornacki about Specter and the Obama-era Republicans, and Irin Carmon on Specter and Anita Hill.
6. And bad news for anyone wanting hockey anytime soon: the NHL is going with Frank Luntz, perfect if they want to delude themselves. From Barry Petchesky.