Happy Birthday to Ellis Burks, 49. Not quite a HOFer...but a lot closer than you might think, and better than quite a few guys who made it. Terrific late hitting second peak, ages 34-37, but only about 250 PAs after that.
Plenty of good stuff:
1. Excellent new TNR feature: Isaac Chotiner tries to interview Barney Frank, receives abuse (via a Chait tweet).
2. Three good ones from the folks at Mischiefs of Faction. First, Greg Koger's analysis of the Congressional vote on Syria is useful, whether or not there is a vote.
3. Then Jennifer Victor, also on the Congressional vote.
4. Also: Richard Skinner on why Republicans have flipped on foreign policy.
5. I like Kevin Drum's sentiment here about contemporary news cycles, but it's almost certainly hopeless; the best we can do is to remember that at worst things will seem messier in progress, but that doesn't mean that they'll now seem messier in retrospect.
6. And LGM asks the question: what photo should they put on their (hypothetical) annoying pop-up ad for themselves? Lots of excellent choices...but more to the point, who or what should Plain Blog have on our even more hypothetical annoying pop-up ad? I can think of a lot of good ideas, but even though it's not in good shape, I might well go with this one.