Happy Birthday to Carlos Guillen, 38.
Good stuff for what should be a very newsy week:
1. Sarah Binder looks at the House Republican conference.
2. Amy Fried on why Democrats aren't going to agree to delay the ACA.
3. Granted, this is all speculative, but I think that Molly Ball has the better of the argument about the effect of a shutdown (if it happens) on the next round of bargaining and brinksmanship.
4. Sarah Kliff reports on WH efforts to lower expectations on October ACA sign-ups.
5. And probably worth bookmarking the September Kaiser survey, giving the state of public opinion before the exchanges kick in.