Happy Birthday to Rosalind Chao, 56.
Good stuff for the new week:
1. I'm really looking forward to reading Steve Teles on "Kludgeocracy in America."
2. If you're following the CR and the Senate, then Sarah Binder's piece on procedure is a must-read.
3. Another good one from Dan Drezner on Syria and Iran.
4. David Price (the political scientist and Member of the House, not the pitcher) on the broken appropriations process.
5. And a nice one from John Sides and Lynn Vavreck; it's an excerpt from their new book on 2012, with this piece covering the post-South Carolina primaries and caucuses. It's excellent (despite an unfortunate headline that Salon stuck them with, which suggests exactly the opposite of what their analysis says). Looking back, I'm more convinced than ever that Romney wrapped it up in South Carolina -- it knocked Rick Perry out, and put the vaguely viable Rick Santorum too far behind to really have any serious chance even if everything broke right for him.